Computer Network Security, a growing problem
Network safety and SMEs auditing in Madrid
A security strategy for small and mid-sized companies (SMEs) can consist of a firewall and antivirus software. While this might have been enough several years ago, a good computer network security strategy should consist of several layers. If your company is connected to Internet, it can become an objective for hackers, network attacks, malware downloads through unprotected navigation and viruses sent through email.
Multi-layer Computer Network Security. Network auditing for companies.
How to reduce risks for your data, network and users?
Impulso Tecnológico recommends a multi-layer security strategy starting with defense-in-depth. We can see aspects to consider in a computer network security audit.
- Local network based attack blocking
- Examples: firewalls, Gateway antivirus, protected email, protection against spam, secure web content filter, intrusion detection and prevention.
- Local PC based attack blocking
- Examples: Personal antivirus, personal firewalls, spyware elimination, intrusion prevention in local PC.
- Elimination of security vulnerabilities
- Examples: Security patches configuration management, vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- Secure support for authorized users
- Examples: secure passwords, VPN, secure remote access, file encryption and ID management.
- Tools to minimize business losses and to maximize efficiency
- Examples: back-up copies, records management, policy tools.
Each layer of network security recommendations is based on the previous layer and if a layer is “deleted”, your company is vulnerable and at risk. Ideally, the company would enforce each one of these layers to have a safe network and environment; however, the cost can be prohibitive and we need to use common sense for each company.
Impulso Tecnológico can help you determine the best network security strategy for you company to minimize risks for your data, networks and users.